Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Posessed with Pumpkins

I'm originally from Morton, Illinois, (I say)
where the Libby's Pumpkin Canning Plant is,
When a shipment would come in, we would go watch
the pumpkins go up the ramps, sort of like watching
the bears at the dump for people not in Wis.

This time of year, I'm consumed with pumpkinesque
fantasies, and of course, being lactose intolerant
doesn't help that I can't go to the ice cream shop
and glom onto some Pumpkin Ice Cream. So I do
what I can.

ALSO there was mincemeat in this recipe, which I
swiped from the Eagle Brand site. I Photoshopped
it out. Bad! Bad! I don't even know what mincemeat
is comprised of. I had some one time at JennyTurner's house,
my fickle best friend as a child, and it reminds
me of her and I don't wanna look at it. So your
pumpkin bread will come out with less speckles than
in the pic. (Judy was a far better friend) Thanks Judy!

No comments: