Friday, January 8, 2010

Spinach Rice Salad

I can't find my mom's recipe book, well, I could but don't want to.
Too busy.

So, when I wanted to make my mom's Spinach Rice Salad, I called Deb,
hoping I'd told her what it was, but no. I had forgotten.
Par for my course.

She suggested Googling the ingredients that I remembered, and
There It WAS, oh, man, now Deb's ahead of me in points.

This is as close as I'm going to get until I find the original one
from my mom, I'm not much on sugar in my salad, but you might be.


* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
* 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
* 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
* 4 green onions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar
* 2 cups baby spinach

In a bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce and sugar.
Stir in rice, celery and onions. Cover and refrigerate for
at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in spinach and bacon.
___________________________________

I think my mom did the rice with the sauce soaking in the fridge
the night before, and I think that altho I abhor the thought of
Uncle Ben's, I think it holds up better, the shape, as I had my
son cook some rice for me to use tomarrow, and it got all
split looking. Whats with that?

No comments: